The hoped for regular “Garbi” wind took a while to establish itself today causing a 11/2 hour delay to the start of the third race. When it did arrive it peaked at 6 knots meaning only one race was possible.
The lighter winds saw many new faces at the front of the fleet, including Giles Muracciole from Monaco, and some problems for the leaders of the third group who sailed to the original windward mark after a course change on the outer loop. Amongst these was Philipe Nottingham Filho from Brazil who was lying third overall and loses a fourth place finish.
USA had the best country day afloat with Ryan Shaughnessy and Christopher Branning both winning their groups. Meanwhile overall leader Michael Bullot from New Zealand performed another escape act by recovering from a bad first windward leg to work his way up to third in his group.
Two more round robin races are scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday) with the option of a third if weather permits.
It could be another late night!
Provisional Overall Results:
1. NZL Michael Bullot 5 pts (1,1,3)
2. ESP Javier Padron 7 pts (1,2,4)
3. CRO Karlo Krpeljevic 10 pts (7,2,1)
4. FRA Alexandre Monteau 12 pts (1,9,2)
5 GRE Alexandros Rizos 13 ts (3,4,7
6. POL Adam Olechnowicz 14 pts (5,4,5)
7. GRE Iason Georgaris 15 pts (3,6,6)
8. POL Karol Porozynski 18 pts (4,1,13)
9. GER Erik Schaalff 18 pts (10,3,5)
10. POL Patryk Kuczys-Lutomski 19 pts (2,2,15)