Kevin Shoebridge's Tyco claimed fourth place in the Volvo Ocean Race this morning. At 08.37 local time (06.37.49GMT) Tyco blew into Cape Town on a lazy Saturday morning breeze, after 33 days, 16 hours, 37 minutes and 49 seconds at sea.
On entering Table Bay for the final 10 miles of this marathon 33-day leg Kevin Shoebridge's Team Tyco entered a minefield of wind holes, a stark contrast to the pasting the team took just 24-hours ago from 50-knot gales and rough seas.
It was a slow end to what has become an even slower leg when the team crawled across the Cape Town finish line at 06.37.49 GMT this morning.
The dark blue hull of Shoebridge's Bermuda-registered yacht had to negotiate their approach to the line under masthead reaching spinnaker and full mainsail creeping along at 5-6 knots, the crew sitting out in shorts and oilskin jackets.
On their final run into the turning mark the breeze filled in and Tyco picked up speed before they had to drop their kite and beat back up to the finish line.
The result must be disappointing to Shoebridge and his team. With all possible resources made available to them in the build up to this campaign, they were expecting a podium finish.
Report Time - 27 October 2001 - 06:45 hours
1. illbruck - Finished 33 54.06S on 24 October at 20:19
2. Amer Sports One - Finished 33 54.06S on 24 October at 22:20
3. News Corporation - Finished on 26 October at 05:57
4. Tyco - Finished on 27 October at 06:37
5. ASSA ABLOY - Racing - Expected Arrival 28 October at 04:24
6. SEB - Racing - Expected Arrival 30 October at 15:23
7. djuice - Racing - Expected Arrival 30 October at 17:57
8. Amer Sports Too - Racing - Expected Arrival 31 October at 06:58