ISAF Training And Development Announce First Two Of A Series Of Training Resources
The Training and Development Department of ISAF is pleased to announce that it is now able to provide the first two of a series of Training Resources to its all of its Member National Authorities.
The ISAF Training Resources have been derived from the successful ISAF Learn to Sail Training Programme Document (LSTP) and reflect the latest thinking and best practice to an international set of guidelines for both new and developing National Training Programmes.
The ISAF Coaching Fundamentals Handbook, Personal Logbook and the series to follow, are designed to provide sailors and coaches with a lifetime of enjoyment and achievement within a structured learning format.
Upcoming titles currently under development include:
• ISAF Beginner / Intermediate Dinghy Sailing Handbook
• ISAF Advanced Dinghy Sailing Handbook
• ISAF Race Coaching Handbook
• ISAF Multihull Handbook
• ISAF Windsurfing Handbook
• ISAF Yacht Sailing Handbook
• ISAF Offshore Personal Safety for Cruising and Racing
The Coaching Fundamentals Handbook focuses on specific aspects of delivering a first class coaching experience and development of the scope and content of a Member National Authority national coaching programme.
The International Sailing Federation stands united in developing the sport of sailing for all people around the world. Through the ISAF Connect to Sailing initiative and the ISAF Learn to Sail Training Programme, all our members can share and use this existing best practice templates to develop their own successful national programmes.
For more exciting images of the new Training Resources please visit our online gallery here:
These valuable resources have been developed in conjunction with member nations that have been taking part in the ISAF Technical Courses for Coaches, during which time the international coaches gave input and these resources were tested. The unique way in which ISAF Member National Authorities can personalise these resources means that ISAF is doing the hard work and members benefit. Once members have bought the licence they can create an MNA resource by:
2. Adding MNA Logos to relevant pages.
3. Including a personalised introduction, specific and relevant to the MNA in question.
4. Changing pictures to include references to 'home grown' sailors and champions.
5. Include MNA specific National Pathway information
6. Make use of the 2 pages of potential Sponsorship space included in each book, enabling the federation to sell space to help pay for books.
7. Printing all resources in their own MNA and not paying extra for shipping.
These Resources are only available to buy on licence by the ISAF Member National Authority direct. If you would like to see these resources being used in your country why not get in touch with your national sailing federation here
. Or if you would like to talk to Dan Jaspers, ISAF Training and Development Manager and Training Resource co-ordinator about the ISAF Training Resource Licence Agreement then get in touch here
If there any Training Resources that you would like to see ISAF producing for its members or for Sailors worldwide why not let us know by going to the discussion board topic of ISAF Taining Resources on the ISAF Connect to Sailing Facebook page here