Chris DICKSON won the round robin with a 9-2 record, followed by Magnus HOLMBERG, 8-3, Dean BARKER, 8-3, Russell COUTTS, 7-4, Ian WILLIAMS, 7-4, Peter GILMOUR, 6-5, Staffan LINDBERG, 6-5, and Bjorn Hansen, 5-6.
The pairings in the top half of the quarterfinals are DICKSON versus HANSEN and COUTTS versus WILLIAMS. In the bottom half HOLMBERG faces LINDBERG and BARKER races GILMOUR.
Each match is first to three points. The winners advance to the semifinals and the losers are eliminated.
Monsoon Cup Standings
(After 17 of 17 flights)
1. Chris DICKSON (NZL), BMW Oracle Racing, 9-2
2. Magnus HOLMBERG (SWE), Victory Challenge, 8-3
3. Dean BARKER (NZL), Emirates Team New Zealand, 8-3
4. Russell COUTTS (NZL), Coutts Racing Team, 7-4
5. Ian WILLIAMS (GBR), Williams Racing Team, 7-4
6. Peter GILMOUR (AUS), PST, 7-4
7. Staffan LINDBERG (FIN), Alandia Sailing Team, 6-5
8. Björn HANSEN (SWE), Team Apport.Net, 5-6
9. Thierry PEPONNET (FRA), K-Challenge, 4-7
10. Francesco BRUNI (ITA), Luna Rossa Challenge, 3-8
11. Cameron DUNN (NZL), Mascalzone Latino - Capitalia Team, 2-9
12. Sally BARKOW (USA), Team 7, 1-10