Purpose of the position:
The coach has a solid and clear vision on Talent development and is responsible for the program, team, individuals, results and for talent- and coach development in youth classes within the Watersportverbond (RNYU) Talentplan.
• Guidance of the sports technical development of the sailors;
• Training of the sailors;
• Coaching during high performance events;
• Lead and manage a team of specialists and supporting staff;
• Collect, develop and share sport technical knowledge;
• Develop and support the long term sport technical educational plan;
• Implement new coaching/ sailing skills;
• Work on and develop talent tracking system;
• Stimulate the development of competences of sport technical staff;
• Work in the team of Talent coaches and RNYU staff
• Organise training clinics and courses for youth coaches within the Talentplan;
• Guide youth coaches within the Talentplan;
• Scout talent
• Experience in high performance racing or coaching (Dutch trainer 4/ 5 or comparable certificate)
• Inspiring, smart, creative and strong communicator.
• Good verbal and writing skills.
• Realising results.
• Analytic abilities.
• Professional performance and attitude.
• Good cooperative and social skills.
• Willing to develop own skills and be trained to the Dutch Topcoach 5 level.
• Ability to speak or willing to learn to speak Dutch
Earnings and benefits:
Depending on age and experience. We strive to set up a service level agreement based on performance preferably with an independent coach / company.
Applications and inquiries::
Further information: Mr. Koen Verhart, coordinator of the Watersportverbond Talentplan (+31 6113 60 807). Applications can be senT in until the 10th of january 2011 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the RNYU and the Watersportverbond Talentplan
The WATERSPORTVERBOND (RNYU) is a typical sports organisation managed by professionals assisted by volunteers and assisted by a professional office. More than 25 employees work here and support the board, committees, regions, classes and more than 400 clubs and over 100.000 members. The High Performance department of the RNYU runs an ambitious World Class Performance Program for most Olympic Classes. The objectives of this program can be summarised in 'HIGHER and FASTER'. This high performance department operates from its International Sailing Centres in Medemblik and The Hague.
The Watersportverbond Talentplan is the practical outcome of the Long Term Athlete Development Plan. Since 2006, started as project 2012, a growing talent development program has been build around a few core Olympic Classes. This program has been developed into a program in which young talents can grow to top athletes inside the Deltalloyd Olympic Team. Talent trains together in few classes to secure competition. A development process that is always coordinated by the RNYU and the Talent coaches in specific. The highest level within the Talentplan, the Talentteam (Laser, Laser Radial, 470, RS:X) is based in The Hague, where study, living and top sailing are combined in the National Training Center Sailing The Hague.