Lars Grael and Ronald Seifert (BRA) lead the 2011 Star South American Championship by five points ahead of the final day.
The Brazilian duo finished sixth in the fifth race of the championship but they came back and won the sixth. The pair have only finished out of the top two once and have dropped their sixth place finishing to take a strong lead.
The most consistent performers of the day were Gastao Brun
and Gustavo Kunze
(BRA) who finished second and third closing the gap on Alberto Zanetti
and Nicolas Rosas
Brun and Kunze are now one point off Zanetti and Rosas who occupy the final podium spot ahead of the final day at Mar del Plata, Argentina.
The first race belonged to Zanetti who took an early lead and did not falter once to claim a comprehensive win. Behind him was Gustavo Warburg
(ARG) who stole second place from Brun and Kunze who had to settle for second.
In the second race Grael's experience shone through in the gusty and wavy weather. He rounded the first mark in second place and took the lead away from Brun and kept it until the end.
The final day of the championship takes place today.
Top 5 after four races:
1. Lars Grael and Ronald Seifert (BRA) 2-2-1-1-(6)-1 7points
2. Alessandro Pascolato and Paul Henry Boening (BRA) 1-1-3-4-(4)-3 12points
3. Alberto Zanetti and Nicolas Rosas (ARG) 3-4-4-3-1-(4) 15points
4. Gastao Brun and Gustavo Kunze (BRA) 4-5-(6)-2-3-2 16points
5. Gustavo Warburg and Maximo Smith (ARG) 6-3-5-7-2-(11) 23points