The most consistent team were Tom Gillard and Sam Breary (GBR) who, after their BFD in race 1, did not finish a race lower than third. They began the final day with their first race win of the Championship before adding two more thirds and a second to their overall score. Gillard and Breary finish the regatta on 16 points to tie with Burge and Wagstaff but the overall win on countback went to the latter with their four race wins.
Congratulations to Matt Burge and Richard Wagstaff (GBR) the 2011 Fireball World Champions.
The standout team of the day were David Wade and Simon Potts (GBR) who posted two firsts and two seconds in the four tough races. Wade and Potts end the Championship third overall, just three points behind the two leaders.
Final Results after nine races:
1. Matt Burge & Richard Wagstaff (GBR) - 16pts
2. Tom Gillard & Sam Brearey (GBR) - 16pts
3. David Wade & Simon Potts (GBR) - 19 pts
4. Alex Taylor & Richard Anderton (GBR) - 38pts
5. Ben Schulz & Philip Bowley (AUS) - 38pts
6. Jonny McGovern & Max Capener (GBR) - 38pts
7. Alan Krailing & Tim Saunders (GBR) - 41pts
8. Vince Horey & Andy Thompson (GBR) - 53pts
9. Tim Rush & Richard Pepperdine (GBR)- 71pts
10. Noel Butler & Stephen Oram (IRL) - 73pts