Since the departure eleven days ago from Santo Domingo, the fleet has faced strong breezes but with the approach to the Azores the wind has weakened and the front runners do not expect to pass between the islands of Sao Miguel and Santa Maria, the first mark of the course until today.
"Our speed is very variable" indicated Roland Jourdain (FRA) on Sill. 165 miles behind Sill is UUDS Republic, skippered by Miranda Merron (GBR). Merron is still benefiting from good conditions and is gaining fast on Jourdain.
In third place and 436 miles behind the leader is La Mie Câline-Viadirect skippered by Eric Dumont (FRA)
Positions (Wednesday 05/02 with 16h00, French time):
- Sill (Roland Jourdain/France)
- UUDS-République Dominicaine (Miranda Merron/Angleterre), 165,3 miles from leader
- La Mie Câline-Viadirect (Eric Dumont/France), 436,2 miles
- Millimages-Gédéon (Patrick Favre/France), 998,2 miles
- Garnier (Patrick de Radiguès/Belgium), DNC