Colin's responsibilities as AYF Competition Manager include:
- Management and development of Racing Rules of Sailing and AYF Special Regulations
- Management and administration of the International Measurement Scheme (IMS) and the International Rating Club (IRC) certificates
- Development and co-ordination of all AYF events including the Australian Youth Championship (AYC), the Australian Offshore Keelboat Championship (AOKC) and the Sail DownUnder Series
- Development, management and administration of the National Officiating Program (NOP)
- Coordination of applications from events in Australia seeking ISAF Ranking's.
Colin joins the AYF with extensive knowledge in both the theoretical and practical sides of sailing.
After studying Civil Engineering at the University of New South Wales, Colin set off to do some serious sailing. Three years later, with his deferment somewhat dusty, he enlisted as a young officer in the Australian Army.
After twenty years of serving God, Queen and country, and postings within most of Australia and many parts of the world Colin has decided to return to his great love of sailing.
With formal qualifications in engineering, personnel and resource management, training development, and safety management, Colin has a sound theoretical base.
Practically, he has been sailing for over forty years, competing in most of the major ocean races throughout the world, completing fifteen Sydney to Hobart Races.
"We are delighted to have Colin on board," said Phil Jones, AYF CEO
"He brings with him a wealth of experience and enthusiasm. He has been involved with and understands the needs of small boat and offshore sailing.
"We very much look forward to his ideas and the new approach he will bring to this area," Jones said.