The Olympic Sailing Committee (OSC) of US SAILING, has announced the qualifying events to select the team which will represent the U.S.A. at the 2005 Volvo Youth Sailing ISAF World Championship.
The championship, open to sailors who will not have reached their 19 birthday in 2005, will feature competition in four classes (six events): Laser (boys singlehanded) and Laser Radial (girls singlehanded); International 420 (boys and girls doublehanded); and Mistral (boys and girls boardsailing).
The US Youth World Team is sponsored by Rolex Watch, U.S.A. and Vanguard. Suppliers to the Team are Extrasport, Gill North America, and Sperry Top-Sider.
Qualifying Events for USA's 2005 Youth World Team:
- Girls Singlehanded Entrant: The 2004 U.S. Jr. Women's Singlehanded Championship (Leiter Cup), July 31-August 6, 2004, at Bay Head and Mantoloking Yacht Clubs, Bay Head, N.J.
- Boys Singlehanded Entrant: The 2005 Laser Midwinters West, March, 2005, in San Diego, Calif.
- Girls Doublehanded Entrants: The 2005 Club 420 Midwinters, dates and location t.b.a.
- Boys Doublehanded Entrants: The 2005 Club 420 Midwinters, dates and location t.b.a.
- Open Multihull Entrants: The 2004 U.S. Youth Multihull Championship (Hoyt-Jolley Cup)
- scheduled for June 24-27, 2004, to be sailed in Hobie 16s at Sea Cliff Yacht Club, Sea Cliff, N.Y.
- Boys and Girls Boardsailing Entrants: Qualifying event to be held at the US Sailing Center-Martin County in 2005 using equipment determined at the November 2004 ISAF Annual Meeting.
Further details are available on the US SAILING website at the address below.