Management of TUEs and ATUEs
The ISAF has received several proposals from national anti-doping agencies to manage TUEs and ATUEs at national level and after consultation with WADA, the following has been approved with immediate effect.
- National doping agencies are given the authority to deal with all TUEs and ATUEs from national athletes competing in sailing events, including International level events and those competing internationally.
- ISAF to be notified of all TUE and ATUE approvals prior to confirmation to the athlete
- National doping agencies are responsible for keeping WADA/ISAF informed of TUE and ATUE approvals.
- In accordance with WADA Anti-Doping rules ISAF would continue to be responsible for all TUEs and ATUEs for athletes competing in Olympic Regattas and Paralympic Regattas.
- ISAF will continue to manage TUE and ATUE applications from those nations where there is no effective doping agency capable of managing such applications.
ISAF considers this to be a positivie iniative which allows athletes to deal with their own national authority, where possible.
Should you require any further information about this subject, please do not hesitate to contact the ISAF Medical Commission Secretary, Trish Merrick (firstname.lastname@example.org)