The Official
Website of the
Sailing Federation
7 April 2004, 09:29 am
Big Breeze Halts Racing For Lasers
No ALT tag specified

GB Olympic Trials

After a postponement yesterday morning, the 40 Laser sailors competing were sent out into Weymouth Bay in the hope to get some racing in.
A start did get underway but it was general recalled as too many sailors had jumped the gun.

As the race committee attempted to get a second start off, the wind continued to build until it was regularly gusting over 30 knots, it was then decided to send the sailors to shore to wait for the wind to decrease.

Unfortunately this was not the case and by the middle of the afternoon it was still gusting over 30 knots so it was decided to abandon racing for the day.

The start of racing today has been brought forward an hour and it is hoped that three races can be sailed in the 10-14 knots of wind that is forecast.

The event continues through until the 8 April (if all eleven races are completed). Full results are available on the event website at the address below.
Sacha Oswald (As Amended By ISAF News Editor)
Share this page
World Sailing TV
Latest News
News Archive
© 2015 Copyright ISAF/ISAF UK Ltd. All Rights Reserved Privacy & Cookies delivered by Sotic powered by OpenText WSM