Date of Birth:
19 October 1940
- Work inclusively with the President and other members of the Executive to bring about agreed policy decisions in an open and inclusive way.
- Ensure ISAF has the best possible governance equal to best practice in sport. (The right input, to the right people, in the right places, equals the right result.) Try for disciplined and well planned meetings.
- Create even better communication with MNAs, industry and sailing centres to ensure collective growth.
- Ensure ISAF is in tune with what sailors want / need
- Offer leadership and vision in areas where sailing has lost its fun to be part of element. A little more pizzazz.
- Ensure coaches/officials operate under a best practice model and are fulfilling the current needs of the sport.
- Consider if ISAF offers interesting media content to the wider media audience.
|My personal sailing interests have been limited to sailing the family keelboat and competing as crew and boat owner in Keelboat club events.
Close association with America's Cup negotiations when advertising payments were a significant issue for ISAF & have been associated with 4 x AC regattas
I have two sons....one has been an Olympic representative in the 470 Class the other an America's Cup crew member.
|CEO Yachting New Zealand 1986-2000
Olympic Selector & Organiser of 4 Olympic Trial events in NZ
Yachting representative on the NZ Olympic Committee
Involved on the Organizing Committee of 3 x 470 World Championships.
Youth, Woman's & World's Organiser & leader of 2x Guangzhou-Fukuoka-NZ Junior Development Regattas in Japan
Past National Judge
Race Management RNZYS
Kohimara Junior Yacht Club Member & volunteer for over 11 Years
Other Sports Administration
|Member of the NZ Sports Tribunal 2003-2011 (Government Appointment). The tribunal hears drug, selection & other sports disputes and is made up of largely legal persons headed by a High court Judge
Independent Board Member of the Northern Mystics Netball Franchise (a semi professional Australia / NZ Netball Championship) - Current
Board Member of NZ Golf & High Performance Committee Member - Current
Board Member of Auckland Golf lnc. - Current
Board Member The Grange Golf Club - Current
Roles Within ISAF
|2004-2008 Chair of the Women's Sailing Committee
2000-2008 Working Party on Women's Representation
1998-2008 Member of the Events Committee & various working parties
current Member of the World Youth Sailing Trust
2007 Awarded IOC Diploma for promotion of women in sport
2008 Awarded ISAF Gold Medal
Degree In Political Studies from Auckland University 1984
Managing Director Family Retail Business 2000-2003
Active sporting participant
Personal interest in Business & Equities
|AND Federacio Andorrana de Vela
ARG Federacion Argentina de Yachting
CRO Croatian Sailing Federation
FRA Federation Francaise de Voile
GER Deutscher Segler-Verband
ISV Virgin Islands Sailing Association
ITA Italian Sailing Federation
|KGZ Sailing Federation of Kyrgyztan
LAT Yachting Union of Latavia
NZL Yachting New Zealand
PAK Pakistan Sailing Federation
PLE Palestinian Sailing Federation
POR Portuguese Sailing Federation
PUR Federacion de Vela de Puerto Rico
|QAT Qatar Sailing and Rowing Federation
RUS Russian Yachting Federation
SMR Federazione Sammarinese Vela
SUD Sudan Sailing Federation
SUI Swiss Sailing Federation
URU Yacht Club Uruguayo
USA US SAILING