title="Link to ISAF Athletes' Commission microsite">Click here to vist the ISAF Athletes' Commission microsite.
The role of the ISAF Athletes' Commission is to act as the link between active Olympic sailors and the International Sailing Federation (ISAF).
Terms of Reference
The Athletes' Commission shall:
- be a non-political consultative body to offer advice and assistance to ISAF on matters and issues of relevance to athletes and act as a link between the Olympic athletes and ISAF;
- present the Olympic athletes' points of view to the Executive Committee through recommendations and proposals;
- promote respect of the rights of the athletes within the sport and draw up recommendations to that effect;
- promote high standards of sportsmanship and ethical performance when competing and participating;
- reflect the views of the Olympic athletes competing and participating at the highest level and establish relationships to promote feedback to the Executive Committee on matters concerning Olympic athletes; and
- liaise with the Executive Committee on ISAF Events to help ISAF respond to the needs of the Olympic athletes.