The role of the ISAF Athletes' Commission is to act as the link between active Olympic sailors and the International Sailing Federation (ISAF).
Terms of Reference
The Athletes' Commission shall:
- be a non-political consultative body to offer advice and assistance to ISAF on matters and issues of relevance to athletes and act as a link between the Olympic athletes and ISAF;
- present the Olympic athletes' points of view to the Executive Committee through recommendations and proposals;
- promote respect of the rights of the athletes within the sport and draw up recommendations to that effect;
- promote high standards of sportsmanship and ethical performance when competing and participating;
- reflect the views of the Olympic athletes competing and participating at the highest level and establish relationships to promote feedback to the Executive Committee on matters concerning Olympic athletes; and
- liaise with the Executive Committee on ISAF Events to help ISAF respond to the needs of the Olympic athletes.