Following the inaugural ISAF Development Symposium in Howth, Ireland this year the 2013 version will be held in Muscat, Oman at the Eastin Residence Hotel.
The Development Symposium will take place from 13-14 April 2013. Invitations have been sent to all ISAF Member National Authorities and delegations are expected to register their intentions to attend through their MNA who will make the booking directly through the ISAF Training and Development Department.
Howth hosted 36 delegates representing 13 MNAs however the 2013 edition will be limited to 2 persons per MNA with a limit of 45 people at the venue so booking early is important to guarantee a place.
The Symposium will be chaired by ISAF Training and Development Manager Dan Jaspers and will be supported by a group of invited delegates such as ISAF Vice-President Nazli Imre (TUR), the new ISAF Development and Youth Committee Chairman (TBC), ISAF nominated experts as well as specialist guest speakers from the International Council for Coaching Excellence (ICCE) and the IOC Olympic Solidarity department. The event will include a full site tour of Oman Sail as well as presentation from the host Federation.
ISAF Secretary General Jerome Pels said, "I am pleased to be able to invite all our members to attend this ISAF Development Symposium which is designed to work with our Member National Authorities to develop a set of criteria and future strategy for the areas of responsibility of the Training and Development Department."
MNAs wishing to receive an invitation letter and further details should contact ISAF here
Suggested topics for presentation and discussion include the following:
• The work of the International Council for Coaching Excellence (ICCE) in creating a Global Sports Coaching Framework (ISCF).
• Global focus - Long Term Participant Development (LTPD) / Coaching the Whole Child (The 5 C's)
• Coach Development - ISAF Training Scholarship and Technical Courses for Coaches
• Examples of National Training Programmes from our hosts at Oman Sail as well as other invited MNAs.
• Discussions on the definition for the appointment process of ISAF Nominated Experts.
• Future development of ISAF Training Resource publications for MNAs including Keelboat / Yacht Sailing, Chartwork / Navigation, VHF, Powerboat guidance for Coaches, Windsurfing and Multihull Sailing.
• Regional Development Initiatives - Report on 'Sail Africa'
• Discussion topic - 'Women in Sport'
• Equipment - Making choices for national sailing participation pathways
• Connect to Sailing - Meet the C2S Partners.
ISAF is very grateful for all the support that Oman Sail and the team at the Eastin Residence Hotel have provided to make this event possible.
To keep up with the entire goings on from this event follow the updates via the dedicated Connect to Sailing Twitter feed @connect2sailing
and on Facebook via www.facebook.com/ISAFDevelopment
If you or your country wish to know how you could benefit from any of the programmes that ISAF is engaged in delivering to develop the sport of sailing globally then please contact
our Training and Development Department.