Job Opportunity At The Finnish Sailing and Boating Federation - Head Coach For Elite Sailing
The Finnish Sailing and Boating Federation is looking to contract a Head Coach for Elite Sailing
The Finnish Sailing and Boating Federation (FIN MNA) is the national organization for sailing and boating clubs in Finland. The Federation provides opportunities for practicing and developing the sports of sailing and boating in Finland and participates in the international development within the field. The Federation supports its active member associations, which deliver high quality sailing and boating services, and promotes safety and good environmental practices within the Finnish sailing and boating community. One of the Federation's significant sectors is Elite Sailing that aims to ensure success in the Olympic classes in Rio de Janeiro and onwards.
The current coaching manager's tenure of office is coming to an end and we are looking to contract a Head Coach for Elite Sailing.
You are responsible for organizing and developing the elite sailing program within the Federation, and you take part in the training events of the National Sailing Team and the National Challengers' Team. You develop our training program with the sailors, the Finnish Olympic Committee, the training centers and the Federation's member associations, among others. You liaise closely with the Training and Elite Sailing Committee (VHT). You also function as the presenter for the committee. Developing and executing the Coach Training Program together with the National Team Coach is also one of your main tasks. The post is a fixed term contract.
We expect you to:
- have proven competence as a sailing coach in several boat classes
- have personal experience from international sailing events preferably both as a sailor and as a coach
- have good knowledge of the Olympic classes and of the boat classes sailed in Finland
- have strong interpersonal and co-operative skills
- be dynamic and proactive
- have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- be creative and extrovert
- be result-oriented
- have proficiency in written and spoken English
- have the ability to produce content for our different communication platforms Language skills in Finnish and Swedish are advantageous.
For further information please contact CEO Jussi Ojutkangas tel. +358 400 612 621.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement by 30 September 2012 to Jussi Ojutkangas